Walking to school
Walking to school is a great way for children to exercise and helps reduce the amount of cars on the road. We have recently seen a reduction in the number of children travelling to school by car (from 30% to 17%) which is great news. Through a variety of promotions throughout the year, we try to encourage more families to walk, scoot or bike to school or to use the Park & Stride. For example, we ran a "Be Bright, Be Seen" competition, took part in "Fit Fridays" & relaunched the Park & Stride in conjunction with Tesco who provided a breakfast for its users. Hi-viz jackets in a variety of colours for children can be purchased at the school office. We currently have a "gold" Travel Plan award which is given for our hard work in promoting this. Click on the link below for further information.
We appoint children as Road Safety Ambassadors to help promote safety and well-being on the journey to and from school.
Please note- THERE IS A ONE-WAY SYSTEM ALONG PRINCESS ROAD.
Congestion on Princess Road continues to be a problem around the start and end of the school day. To help please:
- arrive in plenty of time and try to use the “Park and Stride” facility at the nearby Tesco store.
- park with due consideration for the residents of Princess Road. Please do not block their driveways.
- do not park in such a way as to obstruct the school buses.
- do not park or drop off children on the yellow zig-zag lines which protect the entrances to School.
- do not drive into the school grounds to drop off and pick up your child.
- walk or scoot to school, if possible. Scooter/ bicycle storage is available. Children and adults must dismount on school grounds.
- consider car sharing to help reduce congestion.