Keeping children safe
School policies are in place to ensure that there is a consistent approach to practices throughout our school and that they are understood and adhered to by staff, governors and volunteers. Adults have a tremendous impact on young children and, with this in mind, adults at Market Weighton Infant School:
- are good role models for children
- enjoy working with children
- welcome and support visitors in school
- recognise strengths in each other & use these to support everyone
- work within the agreed policies of the school
- promote a happy, caring and safe school
- encourage children to think for themselves
- encourage children to ask questions & find out the answers
- create an environment of trust
- see mistakes as part of the learning process
- challenge and support children’s learning.
We pride ourselves on being a ‘caring and nurturing’ school and doing the very best we can for every child in our care.We all know that children thrive better and are able to reach their full potential when school and family work closely together. There are numerous policies and procedures in place to safeguard our children. Use the drop down menu on the left to find out more.